Health Reference Center includes comprehensive, in-depth coverage of body systems, current health issues, major diseases and conditions, treatments, and procedures, as well as health and
nutrition information specific to men, women, children, teens, and seniors. The up-to-date information comes from hundreds of authoritative sources—information researchers can trust.
Thirty-five Topic Centers highlight specially selected content to help users find a starting point for their studies, and numerous videos and collections of illustrations make it easy to find
relevant visual media on the most frequently researched topics.
- Comprehensive coverage: Health Reference Center includes a wealth of articles, videos, and illustrations on diseases and timely health topics organized with an intuitive design that
brings key content to the forefront.
- Editorially curated Topic Centers: Health Reference Center features specially selected content on key areas of health (including teen’s health, women’s health, men’s health,
children’s health, and senior health), specific types of diseases and disorders (including autism spectrum disorders, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, infectious diseases, learning
disabilities, neurological disorders, and obesity), and other reference topics. These comprehensive Topic Centers provide valuable study guides and entry points into the database.
- Journal and reference articles: In Health Reference Center, students can find hundreds of thousands of articles from acclaimed, high-level sources, including thousands of
scholarly journal articles from PubMed Central and reference articles from MedlinePlus covering more than 950 diseases and conditions.
- Daily health news videos: Health Reference Center includes a “Today’s Health” section featuring a new health news video each day from HealthDay TV to help users stay on top of the
- Videos and illustrations: Health Reference Center contains more than 5,000 informational video clips and more than 2,500 searchable color illustrations, many organized into
- Authoritative source list: Health Reference Center features a complete inventory, by type, of the extraordinary amount of expertly researched and written content in the database,
including articles from a wealth of award-winning proprietary print titles, journal articles from PubMed Central, reference articles from MedlinePlus, images, and videos—information researchers
- Curriculum Tools: This section of Health Reference Center features usage and research tips for students and educators, including:
- Tips for students on topics including citing sources, evaluating online sources, research topics, avoiding plagiarism, and writing research papers.
- Educator tools, including advice on preventing plagiarism and an essay on the importance of health education in preventing disease.
Appropriate for: Grades 9 - 12